ESL Lesson Plan: Reviewing Numbers
- To start off the year (or in fact at any time) we recommend you review numbers especially important in business and when using the phone.
- This worksheet can be used with any level from A2 to even C2.
- The activity functions as pair work.
- Give the two pages (cf. PDF files below) to each student but make sure they only look at one page at a time. When they are the "student" (marked in the upper right hand corner), they will be reading the numbers aloud to the "teacher" i.e. "student-teacher", their partner. The latter has all the figures given out in full as we say them, so he/she can guide and correct the "student".
- The "student-teacher" should point on the "student’s" page to the figures he/she should read. The "student-teacher" can skip around. At half time you tell the students to switch roles and turn to the page corresponding to their role.
This activity takes about 20 minutes (10 minutes for each student to read off the numbers). You can returned to it latter in the year to see if the students have progressed.
Don’t be surprised to see smiles and hear laughter while they are doing this activity. Students will be laughing at their own mistakes, and that is the best way to learn and to overcome difficulties!
Basic Numbers Student Page
Basic Numbers teacher Page
To get these files in MS Word and be able to customize them just purchase the book on a DVD.
Please note that the DVD of "QualityTime-ESL: The Digital Resource Book" contains 1,500 files plus all the materials in the downloadable packs (Podcast Scrpts and Worksheets, "Listening Comprehension Exercises" and Keys, as well as the 25-page booklet "Back to the Basics: Vol 1: Pair Work Activities).
If you buy some of these downloadable packs to try them out and then wish to purchase the DVD of "QualityTime-ESL: The Digital Resource Book" for €29, we will refund you a good part of what you paid previously.