A Digital ESL Resource Book
Marianne Raynaud has put her two-year ESL (English as a Second Language) university course on a DVD entitled "QualityTime-ESL: The Digital Resource Book", and now she has developed a downloadable version. For both versions she has created a simple-to-use DOCUMENT ANNEX with text, audio and PowerPoint presentations. On the DVD there are also video clips made by her students. A vast number of exercises, tests and examples of student work as models are included in both versions.
- All the ESL documents (more than 1,500) are on a DVD (compatible PC or Mac) with files in PDF, DOC, MP3 and video. The downloadable version is lighter with more than 1,000 files in PDF, DOC, a few MP3s but no video . (Open with 7-zip software free from 7-zip.org.
- All the "paper" exercises or keys are in A4 format ready for printing and photocopying
- Most of the files describing course requirements are in "MS Word"/"DOC" and can easily be "customized" (no need to retype the texts)
- Student assignments such as "Review Sheets" can be uploaded to intranet sites and then downloaded by the students as assignments
- Numerous exams (written and oral) are available both in "PDF" and in "modifiable" Word/DOC files
Hyperlinks: Another advantage of the "Digital" ESL resource book
- The DVD and the downloadable version both include 24 chapters with explanations of the QualityTime philosophy and practical advice for teachers
- In these chapters there are hyperlinks enabling the reader to obtain quickly on a computer screen the documents being referred to
PowerPoint Presentations and even video clips by students!
- PowerPoint presentations by the author
- PowerPoint presentations by QualityTime-ESL students for use as models
- Video clips written, filmed and edited by QualityTime-ESL students that can inspire students at other institutions to do the same
A selection of podcast materials are included in the DVD version: "QualityTime-ESL Podcasts" (1-40), "Your English Podcasts" (1-20), 5-Min TOPs, and Essential English for Beginners with scripts and worksheets in PDF and DOC.
"QualityTime-ESL: The Digital Resource Book" enables teachers to...
- Define specific requirements for programs using QualityTime-ESL templates as models
- Provide a variety of effective "speaking" activities
- Develop effective teamwork by using QualityTime-ESL exercises and keys
- Produce "customized" teaching documents and even publish their own booklets using files from the QualityTime-ESL DVD plus their own of course.
- Use podcasts with oral drills to practice important grammar points
- Seminars animated by the author to teach participants how to use most effectively the material on the QualityTime-ESL DVD
To purchase the "QualityTime-ESL: The Digital Resource Book" book just go to our store.