Essential English 01 To Be
This new series is for total beginners or “almost beginners”.
- Podcasts less than 8 min
- Complementary oral practice for an English course
- To use with mobile devices and headphones
- Class work
- Downloadable free of charge from iTunes
- Oral exercises like linguistic gymnastics
- For warm ups
- To master vocabulary and structures
- Scripts available on each page or in one single pdf file
- ZiP file for teachers to open with 7-zip software free at 7-zip.org
Essential English - For Beginners 01 - To Be
Tips for teachers
- Once the students have learned the verb "to be", have them practice with their real names in groups. I am Pierre. He is Pablo. She is Na. You are Anja and Marie. They are… and so on using all the pronouns.
- Have them learn numbers 1-5. Then in groups they tell each other which number they and the others are. Finally, they associate a number with a first name e.g. number two is Anja and number five is Pablo. They switch groups several times until everyone knows everyone else, and the teacher has learned all the first names!
Script in PDF
Script in DOC