Essential English 03 Hello
This new series is for total beginners or “almost beginners”.
- Podcasts less than 8 min
- Complementary oral practice for an English course
- To use with mobile devices and headphones
- Class work
- Downloadable free of charge from iTunes
- Oral exercises like linguistic gymnastics
- For warm ups
- To master vocabulary and structures
- Scripts are available on each separate page or in a single file for mobile devices
- ZiP file for teachers to open with 7-zip software free at 7-zip.org
Essential English - For Beginners 03 - Hello
Tips for teachers
- First the students learn the expressions "hello", "hi", "bye" and "goodbye" and practice them with the recording below. It is best to give this vocabulary in the students’ native tongue to avoid any misunderstandings. Then you have them walk around and greet each other saying hello and goodbye. You can have them add the names of their classmates, e.g. "Hi, Manual" or "Bye, Otto". Then teach them "How are you?" and "How are you doing?" with the responses we suggest in the recording. Again have them practice with as many partners as possible always with first names.
- Have them practice the letters B, E, G, H, and I
- Then test them on the expressions, e.g. B = Bye.
- Finally, they can test each other the same way.
They should switch pairs very often until everyone has worked with everyone else several times.
Script in PDF
Script in DOC